Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains what personal data Cloud9 Data Solutions, Inc. “Cloud9 Data Solutions” collects from you, through our interactions with you and through our products, and how we use that data.
If you choose not to provide any requested Personal Data, you may be unable to access certain areas of the Website, register to use or purchase our products or services, or receive communications from us regarding our products or services or the Website.
Type of information that Cloud9 Data Solutions Collects
We may receive and/or collect information, including Personal Data, in the following ways:
- Personal Data in Connection with User Account Registration and User Account-Related Activities – Certain areas and features of the Website, such as registration of a user account or profile for purposes of participation in a virtual event hosted by us, entering protected web pages, or opting to receive further information about Cloud9 Data Solutions’ products or services may require you to provide Cloud9 Data Solutions with certain Personal Data such as your name, email address, address, company name, job title, phone number, and other business or contact information. No transaction payment data is collected or stored by Cloud9 Data Solutions.
- Your Activities On and Use of the Website – Cloud9 Data Solutions may automatically collect information about your activities on and/or usage of the Website. Activity information we automatically collect may include which web pages you visited, the Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) identifying the website you came from or visit after you leave the Website, the average time you spent on the Website, information, including Personal Data, you’ve previously shared with Cloud9 Data Solutions, your domain, your computer’s Internet Protocol(“IP”) address, etc. (defined below). In addition, if you are logged into a password protected area, we may associate that information with your account. To accomplish this we may use the following:
- Web Beacons – Web Beacons are strings of code placed on a webpage in conjunction with Cookies (defined below). Web Beacons are able to track the number of users that visit a website and, in conjunction with cookies, identify the IP address and personalize the website experience. Web Beacons may also be used to collect anonymous and/or aggregate, unidentifiable information such as how many users attended a virtual event.
- IP Address – The IP address is the numerical label associated with the location of your computing device.
- Cookies – In some cases, Cloud9 Data Solutions may use HTTP cookies (web cookies, Internet cookies, browser cookies), Flash Cookies (cookies that are not related to a specific browser, further described below), clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons), and log file information (a file that records either events that occur in an operating system or other software runs, or messages between different users of a communication software) to: (a) store information so that you will not have to reenter it during your visit or the next time you visit the event; (b) provide customer, personalized content and information; or (c) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, pages, viewed, and similar information. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is placed on your computer or on your mobile phone/tablet (collectively referred to herein as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. There are two different types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are held temporarily and disappear when you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits. Cookies are widely used to provide certain features of website, to make websites perform more efficiently, and to provide information to the owners of the website. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued or not to receive cookies at any time. If you do not opt in to receiving cookies and/or set your device to not receive cookies, certain personalized features cannot be provided to you, and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website’s features.
- Third-Party Cookies – You may be presented with cookies from third-party websites and providers that are not related to Cloud9 Data Solutions. For example, when you view a webpage with content embedded from a third-party provider, you may be presented with cookies from such provider. Cloud9 Data Solutions does not control the dissemination of these third-party cookies. In general, you should check the third-party websites for more information regarding that third-party’s data practices and policies.
- Local Storage – Cloud9 Data Solutions uses browser local storage on personal computers and mobile devices to deliver its services.
- Content – Any Personal Data or content that you voluntarily upload or otherwise disclose while on the Website (such as, through use of an Cloud9 Data Solutions blog), including but not limited to information disclosed on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within a profile page, or images or any other content you provide (“Content”), becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. In addition, if you are given the ability to log into your account with any social networking website, or post Content on such site, other third-party website, or through the Website, such Content may be made available to other parties and associated with your Personal Data. Personal Data uploaded in association with any Cloud9 Data Solutions event or webcast is only used for and shared with the particular customer of Cloud9 Data Solutions for that event. Data that is in an aggregate, de-identified form that is no longer considered Personal Data and does not allow the identification of individual users may be used by Cloud9 Data Solutions for purposes of research and analysis.
Purposes for Which Cloud9 Data Solutions Collects Information.
- Operation, Maintenance and Responding to an inquiry – If you submit Personal Data through the Website, Cloud9 Data Solutions may use it to operate, maintain, and provide you with the general and personalized features and functionality of the Website, provide you with the Cloud9 Data Solutions products and services you request or order, complete transactions, or communicate with you.
- Messaging – Your user account registration information may be displayed in password protected areas to other users. If you choose to receive email from Cloud9 Data Solutions, we may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons) in HTML-based emails sent to you to track which emails are opened by recipients.
- No Commercial Marketing – We will not share your Personal Data with third-party marketers.
- Non-Marketing or Administrative Uses – Cloud9 Data Solutions may use your email address without your consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes, such as notifying you for customer service reasons.
- Quality & Features – Cloud9 Data Solutions may use Personal Data and certain non-personally identifiable information in furtherance of its legitimate interest to improve the quality and design of the Website and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, analyzing, and processing user preferences and trends, as well as user activity and communications, to improve or personalize your experience, to improve or manage the Website or products and services, to provide features available on the Website, to operate and improve our products and services, for market research, to analyze the Website, and to ensure the technical functionality and security of the Website.
- URLs & IP Address – When you visit the Website through a referral, Cloud9 Data Solutions automatically receives the URL of the site from which you came. We also receive the Internet protocol (IP) address of your computer, your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, as well as the name of your Internet service provider (“ISP”). This information may be used by Cloud9 Data Solutions in furtherance of its legitimate interests to analyze overall trends, determine the domain from which you came, who visits the Website, to understand the needs of Website visitors, or to help us improve the user experience.
You have the right to correct, amend, change and delete Personal Data about you. If you have questions regarding the correction, deletion, or updating of the personal data we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com.
Sharing Personal Data with Third Parties
Cloud9 Data Solutions does not share Personal Data with any third parties without legal reasons, such as with your consent or to fulfill a contract.
We share Personal Data about you with third parties for the purposes detailed below. Please note that this Policy does not apply to third parties, Cloud9 Data Solutions is not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties, and that you should consult the respective privacy policies of third parties for more information on their practices.
- To Conduct Our Business – Cloud9 Data Solutions shares Personal Data with your consent or as necessary with third-party service providers to complete any transaction or provide any product or service requested or authorized. Cloud9 Data Solutions also shares Personal Data with third-party service providers, suppliers, or agents working with Cloud9 Data Solutions or on Cloud9 Data Solutions’ behalf, such as data storage service providers, human resources service providers, marketing automation services, and data analysis companies, including Google.
All third-party applications used by Cloud9 Data Solutions to store or process personal data are committed to GDPR compliance. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security & Data Integrity
Cloud9 Data Solutions takes reasonable steps to prevent the loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction of Personal Data about you. In addition, Cloud9 Data Solutions takes appropriate security measures to safeguard Personal Data about you once we have received it. Despite these efforts to store Personal Data collected on and through the Website and otherwise by us in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Data during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Data, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-parties such as so-called hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Data. We do not warrant or represent that Personal Data about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
Third Party Privacy Statements
This Privacy Notice governs the use of this internet site. However, if you register for (or attend) an event hosted by Cloud9 Data Solutions, your participation may be governed by additional and/or different privacy policies, including privacy policies of an event organizer who may gather or receive and use your data pursuant to its own policy. Upon registering for an event, you should receive the privacy policies that are applicable to your participation in that event and be asked to agree to them. If you register for an event but do not receive event policy notices, or if you have questions about policies presented, please notify us at email@example.com before proceeding.
Cloud9 Data Solutions will not keep Personal Data longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which they were collected. Cloud9 Data Solutions will take all reasonable steps to destroy, or erase from our systems, all data which is no longer required. Cloud9 Data Solutions retains most Personal Data for up to five (5) years from the date it is no longer used and may retain some personal data for a longer period, to comply with our legal obligations, in relation to that Personal Data.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users that are residents of California to request certain information regarding Cloud9 Data Solutions’ disclosures of Personal Data to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email us at info@Cloud9Data.com.
The California Online Privacy Protection Act (“CalOPPA”) requires Cloud9 Data Solutions to disclose how it responds to Do Not Track Signals in your web browser. Cloud9 Data Solutions does not interpret or respond to Do Not Track Signals. You may set your web browser to not accept new cookies or web beacons or disable cookies altogether. Please note that doing so may hinder your experience on the Website. Please see the Help section of your browser for instructions on managing security preferences.
The Website is not directed to children younger than sixteen (16) years of age. We do not intend to collect Personal Data from children under 16. If you are under 16, please do not use the Website and do not send any information about yourself to us.
How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
We aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. You can view or edit your personal data in your account settings. However, if you would like to delete your personal data or your account, you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Venturing Off the Website
The website may contain hyperlinks that can take you to websites run by third parties (“Third-Party Websites”). Any hypertext or other links to Third-Party Websites from the website are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave the website. Cloud9 Data Solutions has not reviewed all of these Third-Party Websites and does not control and is not responsible for any of these websites or their content or practices. Thus, Cloud9 Data Solutions does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any information, software, or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the Third-Party Websites linked to the website, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Remember, this Privacy Statement only applies to Cloud9 Data Solutions. When you are no longer on Cloud9 Data Solutions website, you may encounter different privacy and security practices and you should familiarize yourself with those practices each time you visit a new website.
Changes to the Policy
From time to time we may change this Policy with or without prior notice to you. You can tell when changes have been made to the Policy by referring to the “Last Updated” legend on top of this page. Please review this Policy regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes. If we materially change the ways in which we use and disclose Personal Data, we will post a notice on the Website and send an e-mail to our registered users. Your continued use of the Website and/or our products and services following any changes to this Policy constitutes your acceptance of any such changes made.
If you want to make a correction to your personal information, or you have any questions about our privacy statement, please contact:
Cloud9 Data Solutions
Attn: Data Privacy
8120 Woodmont Ave., Suite 752
Bethesda, MD 20854
Or, you may email us at email@example.com.